This is new to me… Since when can you text, nay, email… from a public phone. I am not kidding. Leaving work today I wanted to head to Alexis Neon to grab a few groceries before heading home… Seeing as it is winder outside I wanted to stick to the tunnels as much as possible. While waiting for the metro at Square-Victoria, I happened to notice a keypad embedded into the front side of the phone… Not just the 0-9 * # keypad… a full-blown alpha numeric keypad (see photo). So i decided to take a close look. The top instructions are in french (Duh, I live in Montreal, 90% of instructions have French Only), and looks like it had some graffiti sticker attached to it previously, so a lot of the instructions are blocked… but it leaves just enough to decider at least some part of the instructions:
- Dial **01 , deposit 10¢ to send 1 (text) message, or
Dial **05, deposit 25¢ to send 5 (text) messages
Dial **02, deposit 10¢ to send 1 email
- Enter the 10 digit receiving phone number (or email) using the numeric keypad (obviously using the full keyboard for the email)
- Press *9 on the numeric keypad and type your message (rest is blocked by paper residue from possible graffiti sticker)
- Press *9 using the numeric keypad to send your message
- Wait for sent confirmation then hang up to terminate.